Payesh is a bengali dessert prepared for special occasions like birthdays and other celebrations at home. It is also often served to guests after lunch or dinner.
3 tablespoon zinc rice
2 teaspoon Ghee
1 litre full fat milk
½ cup sugar
5-7 cashew nuts
5-7 chopped dates
dash of crushed cardamom
1. Wash the rice and soak in 2 cups of water for 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain the rice and mix it with ghee.
3. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
4. Once the milk starts to boil, add the rice and cook on low heat until rice is nicely cooked and the milk has reduced to almost half.
5. It will take 30-40 minutes.
6. Keep stirring in between.
7. Add sugar and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Garnish with cashew nuts, persimmon etc.
9. Serve hot or chilled.