For a Food Systems Transformation
In 2022, over 86 million people in vulnerable farming families benefited from biofortified crops. This represents a growth of 200% over the last five years, achieved through collaborations between partners in the public, private, and civil society sectors.
In response to the multiple global crises that increased nutrition insecurity, nearly 32 million farmers and other value chain actors received support to grow, process, and sell biofortified crops and foods—strengthening their livelihoods, their communities, and their food systems.
Features in the report include:
- Country-by-country examples of commitments made by national leaders and governments that are catalyzing nutritious, resilient food systems.
- Entrepreneurial ventures among seed, grain, and food businesses that are bringing nutrient-enriched foods to markets.
- Activities that are empowering women and cultivating smallholder farmers’ livelihoods.
- Examples of biofortified crop traits that are assisting vulnerable farmers coping with climate changes.
- Initiatives that integrate biofortified crops into home grown school feeding programs and provide a safety net by enriching school meals.
Read our 2022 Annual Report (PDF) or view our digital brief of the highlights.