Casstard is a bright-colored yellow porridge, obtained from modified vitamin A cassava starch. It is similar to custard produced using maize. Casstard comes in different flavors – vanilla, banana, and strawberry. Casstard is a suitable breakfast porridge for all household members and a good start to vamp your vitamin A intake anytime.
Note: You can add sugar, honey or other sweeteners of choice and or milk if you desire
- Scoop casstard flour into a bowl
- Add about 125ml water and mix to get a free-flowing paste
- Bring water to a boil and allow to stand for about 2 minutes
- Pour hot water while stirring until a thick paste is obtained
- Serve casstard with cassmoi, beans, akara, fish, or other