HarvestPlus Webinar: Integrating Biofortification in Food Systems through the Business Sector
Tuesday May 11, 8-9:30 AM EDT (12-1:30 GMT)
The objective of staple crop biofortification is to ensure that essential vitamins and minerals (micronutrients) are readily available in the diets of all people, especially smallholder farming families and other low-resource populations. To sustainably scale up biofortification and end hidden hunger, businesses need to be fully engaged and incentivized to produce and market biofortified products.
This webinar will focus on the dynamics of business activity in biofortified seed, crop, and food value chains, in a discussion with those on the front lines. Drawing on their experiences and lessons learned, we will explore challenges and opportunities for businesses to enter and grow biofortified product markets.
Our objective: Generate interest in increasing business activity and strengthening enabling environments for biofortification, and inform commitments expected to emerge from the UN Food Systems Summit in September 2021 and the Tokyo Nutrition for Growth Summit in December 2021.
- Margareth Natai, Nutritionist, Ministry of Agriculture, Tanzania
- Sylvia Banda, CEO, Sylva Foods, Zambia
- Dr. J.C. Rajput, Director, Nirmal Seeds, India
- Adeniji Kolawole, Group Managing Director, Niji Group, Nigeria
- Arun Baral, CEO, HarvestPlus
- Jenny Walton, Senior Specialist, Demand Creation and Business Development, HarvestPlus
For more information about the webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.